NO PAIN, NO GAIN… or so the saying goes. However, when it comes to weight, it’s more like NO PAIN, NO LOSS... of those unwanted pounds. Sure, there is absolutely no quick fix to getting a pair of tight abs. You definitely gotta work till it hurts! However, small tweaks can lead to a big change. The best way to fight the bulge is to burn at least 100 calories a day. And the only way to do that is to eat less and move more. Remember, you only start to lose weight when you burn more calories than you consume. So here are the top 20 tips to help you lose the love handle that you probably hate. HOW TO BURN MORE:
- Park as far as possible. The farther, the better.
- Take the stairs.
- Walk your dog.
- Wash your car.
- Clean your house.
- Take up a sport.
- Buy an exercise video, and do it for at least 20 minutes.
- Mow the lawn- with the kind you have to push and not just sit on.
- Have a good sex life.
Did you know that walking an extra 2000 steps is equivalent to a whole mile, which is equivalent to 100 calories?
HOW TO CONSUME LESS:
- Ditch the soda.
- Focus on fiber.
- Yogurt over ice cream.
- Carrots over chips.
- Have light meals with light healthy snacks in between (refer back to numbers 3 and 4 as well as fresh fruits and veggies.).
- Drink a lot of water, as often as possible.
- Share your dessert.
- Chew your food and eat slowly. At least take 20 minutes per main meal ( by main meal I mean breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- When it comes to pasta, choose red over cream sauce.
- Bread? Choose whole wheat.
- Check out these great snacks that can whittle your waste and keep the wrinkles at bay too!
And even more useful weight loss trivia... Did you know also that if you burn at least 100 calories a day, that is estimated to be about 10 pounds in a year?Although these tips are simple, the trick is to actually stick to it. Add an awesome ab work out to the mix, those short but intense ten minute ones are perfect for someone on the go, and you will definitely lose the flab and kiss that love handle goodbye.