Halloween is creeping up fast, but with all the candy and sweets being handed out in every door, the scary part comes after. Possible break outs, weight gain, and what have you. Sure a little dark chocolate can do you good, but a lot can do the exact opposite. Solution? Healthy Halloween Treats.
So check out this pumpkin compilation, where the trick is in the treat. They don’t only taste good, but these pumpkin recipes actually are good for you, health wise, beauty wise.
[caption id="attachment_3069" align="aligncenter" width="300"]
Have a happy, HEALTHY Halloween![/caption]
So have a happy, HEALTHY, Halloween.
But before move on to the recipes, let’s take a look at why pumpkin puts the GOOD in GOODies.
Benefits Of Pumpkin:
- Pumpkins are packed with antioxidants and are full of anti inflammatory properties. And you know the golden rule of antioxidants… ANTIOXIDANTS = ANTI AGING. Add the anti inflammatory properties and voila, it’s good for your organs, your joints, your skin. It also helps relieve stress.
- Pumpkins have a whole lot of Vitamin C. This means it gives your immune system a boost, as well as skin’s elasticity. That’s right. Aside from just warding disease away, because Vitamin C increases collagen production, it even helps keep that so called sag at bay.
- Because pumpkins are also a good source of Vitamin A, they can also help prevent cataracts and degeneration of your eyes in the long run.
- The high levels of zinc and potassium found in pumpkins specifically help prevent cardiovascular disease as well as hypertension.
- As for the seeds, they contain protein as well as healthy fatty acids which help regulate cholesterol levels, improve brain function, bring out better skin, and even prevent arthritis.
- More on the seeds, but as well as the pulp, both are full of magnesium, which are great for your teeth and bones.
- Plus, pumpkins have L tryptophan- kind of like giving you a natural high of sorts, this can help bring about a general feeling of well being and even fights depression.
Now, on to the food…
A Pumpkin Compilation
Okay, so I found this on fitsugar.com, and this recipe had me by the name alone. Pumpkin, good. Oatmeal, good. Dark chocolate, good. As you have already read above, you know all of the amazing benefits that pumpkins have to offer. Now, add the fiber from the oatmeal and the flavonoids from the dark chocolate and you very well have one sweet, HEALTHY, Halloween treat.
Okay, there are three things that I love about this pumpkin pie… 1. Prep time is only 15 minutes (total time plus baking 50) 2. Each serving only has 120 calories, which is super good for dessert. Think of this, a single spoon of Speculous has 90 calories, and this you get a whole slice! And 3. It is super yummy!
On a cold October night, (or any other night of the month), what better way to warm you up than with pumpkin soup? The name of this recipe says it all, SMASHING. It’s easy to prepare and it tastes amazing. Don’t believe me? It’s been rated 5 stars by others.
At Be Youthful, we just love smoothies, and there are tons of reasons that you should too. Anyway, because of that, it was pretty hard to find just one recipe, so here are a couple, plus what I like about this it actually touches on the different ways to add pumpkin to a smoothie as well as how to make pumpkin seed milk! A compilation in my compilation.