When you need a quick boost before you’re off to work, or to work out, either way, a safe, healthy, and natural energy drink is none other than the popular Mexican/Central American concoction that has taken the rest of the world by storm, is the simple, cost friendly, and ever so effective Chia Fresca.
Seriously, you just need three ingredients, it’s quick to prepare (although you may have to let it sit for a while before consuming) and you may actually even really like it (Although it is an acquired ‘texture’, not taste, as the seeds do tend to take on a gel like form when soaked. But trust me, it does grow on you.)
Super healthy, too. Here are some of the top benefits of Chia Seeds:
• Good source of fibre, phosphorous, omega 3, protein, and manganese
• Strengthens teeth and bones
• Fights belly fat, helps overall weight loss
• Regulates appetite, keeps you fuller longer
• Fights off diabetes
• Improves mood
• Improves sleep
• Improves heart health
Chia Fresca Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 Glass of Water (Coconut Water if preferred)
- 1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- ½ Tablespoon of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
What To Do:
First, fill your glass with water, or coconut water as mentioned earlier, and then add a tablespoon of chia seeds. Let it sit anywhere from 15-20 minutes. You’ll know when it’s ready once you see the gel form around the seeds.
When this happens, you want to add in your dash of lemon juice, and mix.
- Optional: To sweeten it up a bit, you can also add a little maple syrup or honey (about half a teaspoon should suffice)
Drink up and enjoy.
If Chia Fresca just isn't your thing, there are other ways to take in these super seeds.