Depending on your skin problem, here are the different kinds of peptides that work their own specific sort of magic:This will pretty much double as a super strong moisturizer too- so look for hyaluronic acid, shea butter, oils, or petrolatum.
- Acetyl peptide- reduces how deep your lines are and even helps relax facial tension.
- Palmitoyl pligopeptide- builds up collagen and gives elasticity a much needed boost.
- Pentapeptide- this especially targets the wrinkles around your eyes and forehead.
- Tripepetide- this is for prevention of further wrinkles from showing up.
Being a derivative from Vitamin A, retinol cream is designed to up your collagen levels, which means it can prevent sagging and reduce lines, and it also increases your skin’s water content, which means that it will lock in more moisture. It also boosts up cell turnover, evens out your skin tone, unclogs pores, and makes your skin soft and smooth.But basically, you want one that will reduce uneven spots, up collagen production, one that thickens your unfortunately thinning skin, and, now this is an important one, you want a retinol cream that can reverse sun damage- the precancerous kind.
- TIP: Obviously, this is no mild ointment of sorts. You do not want to go overboard. So you want to apply your retinol cream every other day, unless prescribed otherwise.
- TIP: A cleanser with salicylic acid is great, or even one with a mild AHA, but only if your skin does not react negatively to it. If so, then just once a day should suffice.